In past three years John Harrison has provided training/facilitation to over 2000 managers in departments and agencies in the three levels of government.
Highly experienced in conducting needs analysis, gap analysis and developing courses/workshops, followed by facilitation and training, in the areas of:
- Integrated Management Frameworks/Modern Comptrollership;
- Strategic, Program and Business Planning;
- Integrating Planning, Budgeting and Performance Reporting;
- Strategic Cost Management;
- Performance Measurement;
- Balanced Scorecard;
- Business Process Reengineering and Process Improvement;
- Organizational Development and Change Leadership;
- Audit and Evaluation.
Demonstrates an exceptional ability to impart complex concepts in a simple - yet not simplistic - integrated fashion. His consulting, team-building and training skills gained in several positions noted below, allows for real life examples to be presented to participants:
- Thirteen years of experience as a manager in the Federal Government in Agriculture Canada, Department of National Defence, and the former Department of the Secretary of State.
- Fourteen years of experience as a management consultant, combined with experience as a managing partner and owner of several private sector companies.
- Three years of experience as an elected official with one of Ontarios largest school boards.
- Currently Managing Partner of BMB Consulting Services Inc., one of Canadas most successful medium-sized consulting firms (65 personnel).
Continually upgrading and adding to breadth of knowledge and skills through consulting and professional development activities, which is then reflected in up-to-date, pragmatic and real life training.