Join one of Canada's leading experts on Strategic Planning as he walks through a step-by-step process for implementing a Strategic Plan.
|Please call for dates||(613)596-4886|
2 day workshop - 8:30 to 4:30
Strategic planning is a coordinated and systematic process for developing a plan for the overall direction of the organization. It determines where an organization is going over the next three to five years, how it's going to get there, and how it'll know it has gotten there. Strategic planning is usually performed for the entire organization, which could be a Department or Agency, or a Branch within. The process encompasses both strategy formulation and implementation.
To succeed in strategic planning you require: management commitment; a sound approach; good participation; and good planning facilitation. For you to meet these requirements, the best first step is to attend the gcTraining workshop on Strategic Planning. This workshop lays out a simple, well proven, approach to strategic planning. You will discuss the following:
- The what, the why and the benefits of strategic planning;
- Different approaches to strategic planning;
- Inputs to strategic planning;
- Approaches to assessing all influential factors in the external environment and internal environment
- Strategic planning components;
- Mandate, mission, vision and values
- Goals, objectives, critical success factors, risks, strategies and priorities
- Action Plans, alignment, accountability, key performance indicators,
- Communications and key messaging
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the Strategic Plan
The workshop will work through the case study of a typical department from beginning to end in developing all of the above components using a variety of proven tools and techniques.
Purpose of the course:
- Strengthen managers' understanding of strategic planning
- Strengthen managers' understanding of tools and techniques for strategic planning for better results
- Strengthen managers' understanding of how to implement the Strategic Plan
- Strengthen managers' appreciation of the importance of monitoring and reporting on performance, to ensure the strategic direction is being implemented
- Theoretical - for the explanation of concepts and terms in organisational management context
- Practical (hands-on) for the preparation of the SP and Action Plan - this part of the course will benefit from the experience of several organizations, the facilitator has assisted in strategic planning
- Equip managers with expertise and proficiency in the preparation and use of results based Strategic Plans as a tool to achieve the organizations Vision.
Strategic Planning Model: